We would like to thank everyone for their support and donations to our food bank this month and upcoming months.
We would like to thank the Rotary Club of Chatham for their generous donation. This will go towards the installation of our propane stove so that we are more efficient in serving hot meals to 260 plus seniors a week.
Thank you to Employment and Social Development Canada (”ESDC”) for establishing a COVID-19 Emergency Community Support Fund and having chosen the United Way Centraide Network to administer these funds in local communities such as the Greater Blackville Resource Center.
With these funds GBRC will be implementing a meal program for seniors, were we will be providing a nutritional home-made meal for pick up or delivery 3 times a week for 12 weeks.
– Emergency Community Support Fund (United Way Moncton)
– Mazon Canada for accepting our grant.
– Community Food Center
– Kinsmen Center
– Sussex Sharing Club
– Second Harvest/Food Rescue
– Angels to Angels
– Sobeys Food Rescue
– Huestis Insurance Group for their financial support.
– Blackville Village Office for Gift cards to Blackville Food Land.
– United Way for their financial support.
– Roussel Toyota for their Financial Donation
– Erik Walls for the donation of potatoes.
– FDA for all the work they are doing on our behalf.
– McCains, JD Irving and McKenna Foundation for their donations and financial support.
– NB Children’s Foundation for their financial support
– Stanley Mutual Insurance for their donation.
Thank you to our essential workers for all they are doing.
Thank you Angels to Angels for your generous support.
Thank you to Connors Stilwell for financially sponsoring our attendance to the Food Banks Canada National conference in Halifax.
Thank you to Hershey and Food Banks Canada for providing GBRC with funding to implement the Food Explorer Program, an education and skills-building program for children.
Rev. Albertine Le Blanc; Founder and President of the GBRC would like to say “Thank You” for supporting your local Food Bank through the giving of your time, food donations and financial support.
- Hershey and Food Banks Canada for supporting the Food Explorers Program (2019)
- Sobeys Recovery Program
- Valufoods for ongoing donations.
- The Blackville Fire Department 50/50 draw in December 2018.
- Local community for donations of non perishable food items.
- Thank you to all of our volunteers who give endlessly of their time to serve others.
GBRC volunteers who manage the thrift store and food bank.
2018/19 Board of Directors
GBRC is run by a board of directors and a small group of dedicated volunteers.
Founder & President: Rev. Albertine Le Blanc
Co-Founder: John LeBlanc
Vice President: Andy Hawkes
Treasurer: Pastor Paul Inman
Secretary: David Nordin
Directors: Fr. Gerry Laskey, Stacy Underhill, Denise Connors
A special Thank You to our faithful volunteers past and present:
Chelsey Le Blanc
GBRC Volunteer Christmas Party
|Ken & Judy Barker|
Eldon & Vera Gillespie
Robert G. Hallihan
Mayor, Andrew Hawks
Blackville Credit Union Day Donations
Blackville Credit Union
Blackville Home Hardware
Blackville High School Students
Blackville Village Office
Blackville Women’s Institute
Compass Group Canada, Bayer Inc.
& Food Banks Canada for
Community Garden Grant
Derby Parish Senior Citizens
Food Banks Canada
Kraft Foundation Capacity Building Grant
Kraft Heinz Foundation
Knights of Columbus
NBAFB – Food Director – Greg Doucet
Oromocto Food Bank
|RCL Branch 49|
Trio Pizza Food Drive
Valufoods 50/50 Draw
Walmart Capacity Boost Grant
Girlguides participating in our Food Explorer Program
- Derby United Church
- Hillside Baptist Church, Blackville
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church Women, Blackville
- St. Agnes Anglican Church, Gray Rapids
- St. Andrew’s United Church of Canada, Blackville
- St. Raphael’s Roman Catholic Church, Blackville
- Upper Blackville United Baptist Church
- Voice of Hope Ministries Inc.
We would like to thank Food Banks Canada, Compass Group Canada and Bayer Inc. for supporting our Community Garden.
We would also like to thank all the volunteers that helped make the community garden happen:
Ashley Underhill for top soil, Hughie Hallihan for gravel, Byron John Connors for manure, Martin Arbeau for driving the tractor, John LeBlanc for lending his tractor, Karen and Paul Arbeau for hauling peat moss from town, driving tractor, assembling boxes and filling boxes with everything and Greg Doucette for building, assembling and filling the boxes, lending truck to haul the gravel and driving the tractor.
Click an image to enlarge.
Thank you Kraft Heinz Foundation and Food Banks Canada for making the Crock Pot Classes possible.
Thank You FBC and Walmart for the Capacity Building grant allowing us to purchase a van for food recovery.